Sunday, January 10, 2010

Floaters

Well, last week was interesting. We decided that it would be better for our family to go ahead and rent an apartment close to Dave's office and close to Houston's First Baptist Church. Our realtor sent us our lease contract and we were getting the information together to submit it. I had thought about what furniture we would put into storage, and what we would bring to the condo/apartment. I had a basic decorating design in mind, and was feeling positive about going to the church often. (I even decided where I would put some of my Uppercase Living Expressions.) However, on Wednesday morning, while the girls were watching "Wonder Pets", I decided to check har.com one more time. I was just plain bored because I had already checked my email, my facebook, and the blogs I usually read. (I was really sad at noon when I realized I could have been at MOPS instead of staying home. I just got my days mixed up.)
Anywho, I found a house in our price range, so when I talked to Dave later that morning, I let him know. He seemed ho-hum about whole thing, and I figured we would talk about it when he got home. I know it doesn't look good to be talking to your wife on the phone in the corporate world, so I try to keep the calls short for him.
About two hours later, Dave called me back, and said that he had set up an appointment with our realtor to go see the house...and he asked me to meet him in Sienna at about 5.
"Well," I thought, "I guess it's a good thing I didn't go to MOPS. That would have been a long time in the car."
And then I thought, "Our poor realtor; she must think we are the craziest people in the world. We just float from one option to the next. I bet she's ready to get all of this over with."
It wasn't until I was on my way there that I realized how excited Dave was about the whole thing. He had been so excited about living in an apartment because it was close to work, and less expensive. However, I guess he had crunched some numbers, and found out this house was about the same price per month as the condo would be. It's farther from work, but has everything else we were looking for.
(And by the way, our realtor is super sweet and seemed genuinely excited for us to have found this house. If she doesn't like our floating, she's good at hiding it.)
So, we put an offer on the house that evening. It was submitted Thursday. And, we haven't heard anything yet. However, we do know that there are no other offers on the house as of Friday, and it was just put on the market Tuesday! Woohoo! We have a good feeling about this one.
Okay, I just realized that that was a really big intro that ended with virtually no news. Sorry! I guess I just wanted the world to know about our situation. Hopefully some of you will keep us crazy floaters in your prayers! Thanks all! -Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment