Monday, January 25, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We got to go to our new house on Saturday while the house was being inspected. We were so excited to visit the house; we'd really only seen it inside one other time. This is our fireplace in our living room. The Master bedroom is to the right of this room. I would like to add a mantle and redo the tile on the fireplace someday, but for starters, we'll paint all those white walls!

Our backyard is right outside the living room and Master bedroom. We plan to spend a lot of time back there! When I first told Julia we were going to live in this new house, she said, "And I can have my sandbox back again." That's right, kid! You certainly can!
I'd also like to plant an herb and vegetable garden. I figure you can grow things year-round in Houston.


The girls are going to continue to share a room. They love each other's company. They will be able to see the pond from their window. Right now the pond behind our house looks kinda like an oversized puddle, and the trees behind the house look all scraggly, but, I hope that the green that comes with spring will make everything look fresh and beautiful. It shouldn't be to long before all that starts. Heck, it already has!

Here is another picture of the pond. We walked around the pond quite a bit on Saturday, and saw all kinds of wildlife. (Ruth, you might want to stop reading this for a moment, and pick back up on the next picture.) We even saw an alligator with his head poking out of the water.





Here is the playground that you can walk to if from behind our house. You have to walk by the pond a little bit. But, there is a walking path about half the way, and it only takes a few minutes to get there. This playground is right by the small neighborhood work-out center, a covered patio pavilion type thing, and one of the neighborhood pools.



The girls love to swing...




With the other two bedrooms of our house, we would like to have a guest bedroom and a future nursery. Dave and I are so excited to host people! There is also a small game room upstairs with a large closet that I want to use for crafts and the like. I didn't get any pics of the kitchen or laundry room or dining room this time because I was interrupted by our inspector wanting to give us his report. :) Nonetheless, I can't hold anything against the inspection crew because they were very thorough and did an excellent job. We really appreciated that they checked every last detail, even telling us that the soap compartment in the dishwasher didn't work correctly.
We are so excited about this blessing of a new home! I get butterflies just thinking that we will be in it in about a month. I can't wait to start making wonderful memories with family and friends there. Dave and I stayed up too late last night organizing and packing, and this time, we were happy to do it. :) Blessings, Amber


"Bye, bye."



3 comments:

  1. That is amazing!! Hopefully now you'll feel like Texas is your home. But always remember that Bartlesville is your first love. :) Not sure about that alligator, kinda freaks me out.
    Please Pray that God will open doors so that we can travel down there this Summer because I really want to come visit.
    Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pray that for sure!! I really want you to come too!

    ReplyDelete