Thursday, January 21, 2010

Random....


Dave wasn't really in trouble. He was at the gym and had only been gone for a few minutes when our realtor called with the good news. I just wanted to scare him a little before I let him know that our offer had been re-accepted. (He deserved a little pay back for leaving his phone at home. I almost called him at the gym.)
Dave is still a little worried about all this house stuff, because we haven't officially heard that the bank has signed all of their documents for us to be formally under contract...but I am choosing to be excited about all of this regardless of that minor detail. I just feel so strongly that God is blessing us with this house! I can not WAIT to get painting and organizing and planning and decorating. It all seems fantastically surreal to me. We were talking about all of this crazy stuff tonight, and Dave said, "I just feel like we're gonna have our life back." I couldn't agree more, and I am so joyful!
In other news...I am also excited about some ribbons that I got tonight at hobby lobby. I am going to make some hair ties for the girls and would love to start making bows sometime. If any of you would like to see some pics of them, let me know and I'll post some when I get them done.
In more other news...Julia and Lydia are at challenging ages for me right now. I remember when Julia was 18 months, and I was going crazy. Now I am at that stage with Lydia and I have a 3 year old asking me so many questions constantly that it keeps my head spinning. Lydia is old enough to know what she wants, but not old enough to verbalize it correctly, so, everything is in a whiney voice "that, thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, that" while pointing in a general direction. She is not quite old enough to understand my reasoning for telling her no, and it seems that when she does get what she was pining for, it doesn't give her satisfaction for long. I guess she gets that from me. Maybe I'll grow out of this stage one day soon, too. :)
And then there's my big girl Julia. She came with me to Hobby Lobby, and she can not help but ask me and every other living being hundreds of questions. "What's that? Why is she doing that? What is she doing, Mom? Is this the girl's bathroom? Why is it the girl's bathroom? Why is he going to the bathroom? Why do you want me to come over there? Can I flush? Can I not wash my hands?...." Plus there's the not touching things rule that she has not chosen to grasp yet. Plus, we always go to the bathroom AT LEAST twice in every store. Good grief!
Additionally, nothing gets past her anymore. Today, the girls had their well-check visits, and she asked Nurse Tara about one hundred times if she had gum in her mouth. Nurse Tara tried to distract Julia so that she didn't have to answer the question, but Julia was very persistent. (She doesn't have ears to hear me telling her to "Shhh, be quiet" in times like these. Needless to say, we're working on this.) Finally, the nurse said she did have gum, and brought some to Julia later. She thought the girls were "so cute" and had trouble denying them anything.
But, I do have to say that I am proud of myself for holding Lydia while she got a shot today. Moving to Houston has made me grow-up and be stronger than ever before. Previously, Dave was always the one to go in with the girls, and hold them down while they got shots, and I tried to keep from crying in the waiting room. But, it's just not feasible for us to do that now that we live here. We can't go to the Doctor after he gets off work because he gets off so late, and it's just not realistic for him to drive forever to come to their visits. However, I am pretty sure, that I'm gonna have to work something out with him for Julia's 4 year old shots. I'm not that strong.
Sorry for rambling, but this is our life right now, and I was in the mood to share. I will post pics of OUR new house when we get some. Love to all of you! -Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment