Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've never written a blog about cooking or baking before, but I do like to cook, and have enjoyed reading other blogs with recipes and what not. (I didn't really have everything I needed to cook much at our apartment. I'm enjoying having all of my utensils and cookie sheets back.) So, if you enjoy reading blogs about this type of stuff you'll have to let me know. If you do, I'll post more.
Anyway, without further ado....

Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 Cup granulated sugar
3/4 Cup packed brown sugar
1 Cup softened butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1 Cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 Cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (I like kosher)
1 -2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 Tablespoons wheat germ, optional
2 Tablespoons ground flax seed, optional
1 Cup coarsely chopped nuts, optional
1 to 2 Cups chocolate chips (I prefer mini)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer. Seperately mix flour, wheat flour, baking soda, salt, wheat germ, and flax seed. (If you use a whisk to mix dry ingrediants, you sift the ingrediants at the same time that you are mixing them.) Slowly add dry ingrediants to sugar-butter mixture. Mix thoroughly. Add nuts and chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet, bake 8-10 minutes. (I guess I make mine too big because they cook for about 13 minutes.)

So, there it is. Pretty easy...just some added ingrediants to a very normal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. Also, you can make your whole grain flour by taking some whole oats and blending them in your blender. You can substitute that for some of your whole wheat flour if you want to. That also makes a delicious cookie. I just made the above recipe with Julia on Saturday. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures to share...but they were eaten too quickly. So, I hope that if you choose to make this recipe, that they are equally as enjoyed in your neck of the woods. Happy Wednesday to you! -Amber

2 comments:

  1. WHAT!? No picture? You should leave us drooling! The cookies sound great, I wish you were close enough to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good cookie recipe because we always have the ingredients on hand! They're all pretty generic (except for the choc. chips), so when we get a little craving I can whip 'em up! I'll try yours next time!!

    ReplyDelete