Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Two Long, Wonderful Weeks

We've had a jam-packed schedule since we moved. Here are a few highlights:


This is the girls playing with the sweet little neighbor girl. She is so kind to the girls and they love her. This was the first or second day after we had closed on our house. We had no furniture in the house, and weren't sleeping here yet.

I wasn't the only one who was exhausted by everything that was happening. Julia and Lydia both fell asleep in a 15 minute car ride even though it was only 11:00 a.m. and they had peanut butter sandwiches to eat. They don't usually go down for a nap until 1:00.

Lydia still had a piece of bread in her mouth when she fell asleep. While she was going to sleep, I was saying her name loudly, trying to keep her from sleeping...it didn't work.


Part of the reason Julia and Lydia were so tuckered out was because while we were moving in, Mimi and Papa came and entertained and loved on them for 5 days. This picture is of Julia showing my parents the pond behind our house.

Papa and Julia had walked down for a closer look and to throw snail shells into the pond. There are huge ones down there! If you look closely, you can see the one Julia is holding.

There are also horses behind our house. My dad finally lured them close enough to us for the girls to see them up close and pet their noses.




Lydia and Julia had some fun dress-up times while Mimi and Papa were here. This is Lydia in a little duck outfit. She quacked continuously.
Lydia shut her eyes everytime she saw the camera. I guess she thought the flash was too bright. It was so cute.Julia was a princess. You can't see her princess shoes or much of her tutu, but it's there...I assure you. My parents also talked me into taking a break for the day to drive to Galveston and visit the beach. The girls loved it, and I still have sand in my camera case. I am glad we went.


This is an extra bit of love from me to you. Good thing I brought a change of clothes, just in case. Thanks for reading. -Amber









1 comment: