Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Haaa. A sigh of relief.

We now have internet!! Yeah! However, we don't have wireless, so I am sitting in my bedroom closet writing this. Hopefully we can find our router today, so that Dave can hook it up, and I can blog from my couch. :)
Since moving into our new house, my parents have come and gone, I've unpacked tons of boxes, moved furniture, and cleaned nearly every single dish in our kitchen. (The dishes were pretty filthy from being packed away for six months.) We've purchased appliances, a queen size bed for our guest bedroom and gallons of paint. We've started painting one room, but haven't finished that yet. We've enjoyed our neighborhood parks, met a lot of our neighbors, the girls have played with neighborhood kids, and I've been to our community fitness center. We've made countless trips to Lowe's and HEB, tried out the nearest Pei Wei, and shopped at our nearest Kohl's and Super Target. It's been fun.
Like I said in my last post- we LOVE our new house. The girls run from room to room, enjoying all of their long lost toys. And when they are done with that, we color or play outside. The girls are sleeping wonderfully because we get to play outside a lot more, so they are happily worn out at nap and bedtime.
Dave's commute is a lot shorter now. It usually takes him about 45 minutes to or from work. He enjoys the shorter commute. He also enjoys that he still has a little "down time" before returning home in the evenings.
Dave and I are still enjoying our church. I am singing in the choir and Dave is hoping to start filling in or full-time teaching a Sunday School class. I am so looking forward to Easter, and our church Easter celebration!! I just love it! To me, Easter is really the most important holiday! Thank you Christ for your death and resurrection for me!
Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day, and we are planning to go play at a friends house. I am excited. And, 9 years ago tomorrow, Dave asked me to marry him. He's a smart guy. I'm glad I said yes. :)
Well, that's about it for now. I'll add some pictures of our last few weeks soon. It's good to be back. Love, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment