Sunday, May 15, 2011

Eaves dropping

A few night's ago, I woke up to some whining coming from the baby monitor. I got up, and went up stairs to  check on the girls. They were both sort of under the weather, and I wanted to make sure neither of them had any unwanted bodily fluids spread on their sheets. When I got up there, they were as quiet as mice and sleeping like babies. So, I went back downstairs, and went to the bathroom. When I came back out, I heard the crying/whining again. I thought it was really wierd when I heard a sound like a spurt come through the baby monitor. I was tempted to ask Dave to make the trip upstairs, but I decided that would be too mean since I was already up. So, I went up again. When I got there, the crying had stopped again. I stayed up there a few minutes to double check all was well, and then I came back down. When I got back downstairs, I heard the whining through the monitor again! I noticed that it sounded a little like a baby cooing instead of whining. So, I listenend a little longer. I heard more spurting, and thought "that sounds like an infant cooing". Along with the cooing, I heard more spurting and "talking"! Pretty soon I heard the babies parents coming in and talking to the baby. I switched channels on the monitor to keep from eaves dropping too much, thinking it was really wierd that our monitor had picked up on someone else's monitor. Kinda freaky, really. I wouldn't want someone listening to our personal household conversations over our monitor. Maybe I'll start turning it off unless the girls are sleeping.--I don't know. Hopefully, I won't be listening in on any more household's tonight! Mostly because I don't want to lose any sleep! Happy sleeping to all of you! -Amber

1 comment:

  1. Our neighbors, who live two doors down got a really fancy monitor with a video camera, when they were expecting last year. His wife was still pregnant, when he set up the monitor, and on the screen he saw a baby sleeping in the crib, and shorty after a woman in her night gown came in to feed the baby. To make the long story short, the chanel picked up someone elses monitor close by. That was really scary, so they packed up the monitor and took it back to the store.

    ReplyDelete