Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mother's Day

On Wednesday, the 11th, Dave and I will have been married for 9 years. It feels wierd to say. I remember when I was a teenager, I  knew some couples similar to who we are now. It felt like being married a decade was such a long way from who I was at the time. And yet, here we are. Thanks be to God.

To celebrate our anniversary, my parents took our girls for a few days. Dave and I slept in yesterday, and this morning. We had a wonderful time shopping on Saturday, and hanging out the way we did before kids came into the picture. We now know the freedoms Saturdays once held- before we had our bright and beautiful kids. Weekends were still ours to do with as we pleased. This weekend has seemed sweetly awkward because it has been wonderfully slow-paced. We enjoyed making plans for just the two of us, and not packing snacks, blankets, kiddie books, sippie cups and extra clothing with us. But, like most parents, one of our favorite things to do while we are away from our kids is to talk about them. So, we did a lot of that too.

When we planned to have the kiddos go to Mimi and Papa's this weekend, we didn't realize that this was also Mother's day weekend. So, on this mother's day, I am missing my girls, but enjoying my marriage. I suppose that in a way, this is a kind gift to my girls and to us. One of the biggest blessings we want for our girls is for them to have parent's who love each other.

However, I am afraid that Julia and I are both suffering from seperation anxiety. My mom texted me a few hours ago telling me that Julia was feverish and exhausted, and I haven't been feeling like myself since last night either. I wasn't really hungry yesterday, and I've only had one small meal  all day. My stomach has been upset and my muscles have been achey, so laying around has been very nice. Instead of going to church as we planned, Dave and I stayed home and watched the podcast of what was happening at HFBC from our couch. I missed being there in person, but I feel blessed to be able to see it here if I can't see it there.

Dave and I just got done watching The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It was amazing, awesome, fantastic, superb and fabulous. In other words, I would reccomend it highly. It wasn't exactly like the book, but the overall story was still intact, and I loved every minute of it. We planned to go to hear some live music at a local park, and go for a jog there before or after the concert, but just like our church plans were cut out, these may be as well. We'll see.

Now we are waiting on pins and needles to here word from my parents that Julia has awaken from her nap. If she is feeling really down in the dumps, we will be making an unplanned 5 hour drive to Louisiana to pick her up and love on her. I can tell you I wouldn't be dissapointed to do just that (I miss her and Lyddie lou), except that it would cut some of Dave and my anniversary time short. Either way, I'll be a happy camper.

Word just came from the rents. Julia woke up much happier, but still says her forhead hurts. She seems much more like herself though. She talked to me a few seconds, and then went back to terrorizing my parent's dog. I could hear her in the background. "Willie, willie, willie, willie. Go potty, Willie. Willie, willie. Willie."

Maybe we are back to our original plans? We'll meet my parents half way between our house and theirs, close to the Texas border after work tomorrow. We'll have dinner with them and bring our girls back home. I guess I'll just have to keep you posted!

Thanks for reading along with what's up with us today. To all my friends who are mom's: I hope you have a wonderful, fun-filled, happy Mother's Day. And to Mom, Ruth and Christie, I wish you the happiest Mother's Day Ever!!! Many blessings to you and yours! Love, Amber

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I missed seeing a solar eclipse because I didn't get to hang out with you guys yesterday :)

    Happy anniversary and happy mother's day! (post dated 5/8/11)

    ReplyDelete