Sunday, February 14, 2010

I heart Valentine's Day!

I think that if even I was single, I would love Valentine's Day. I guess I just have a wonderful appreciation for hearts, pink and LOVE. Maybe I'm just kidding myself....
This is a picture of some of the loot:

The boxes were the girls present. They had a few plastic bracelets, some other trinkets and some candy. We made Dave some cards, and I got a card from him, one from each girl and one from both girls. He likes to give me cards. They are always very sweet.

I made the chocolate covered strawberries for all of us to share this afternoon. The picture above shows the two that were left. I ate most of them myself.

Dave also gave me some cute pajamas, and I got him some Glenn Beck books on cd. He's currently obsessed with Glenn.

We celebrated Valentine's Day as a couple on Friday night. Dave planned a nice evening with a "Sugar and Spice" themed date. He ordered me a chocolate covered strawberry cupcake that we went and picked up from a cute little cupcake store called Sugarbabies and then we went to a yummy thai restaurant. The girls went to the church for "Parent's Night Out", so we picked them up after our dinner. Then we came back home and watched Community, and Dave made us some sweet and spicy drinks.

Yesterday, Dave went golfing, and we took the girls to the chick-fil-a playground. We also went to Incredible Pizza with friends and had so much fun, that it exhausted us all.

Today we went to church, and then hung around here and even got a little bit of picking-up done. It was just what we needed after a busy weekend.

So, that's what we did for Valentine's Day. What did you do? LOVE, Amber

1 comment:

  1. hi amber! too fun to see your blog. i love the way you are sharing your heart. such powerful lessons that i feel like we all continue to learn over and over again! looking forward to seeing you on wednesday.

    ReplyDelete