Monday, February 8, 2010

Stewart House Update.

So, we didn't do a whole ton this weekend, but we did have some fun family time. Here is a new video of Julia singing some songs from the movie Mary Poppins:

Also, I just wanted to note that Lydia has had a vocabulary explosion recently. It is so fun! You saw on the movie that she has started saying hi. Then, yesterday, she said eye, nose, mouth, ear and head, while pointing to that particular body part. Then, later, she said a form of "need help" while trying to get off of our bed. This morning, while we were laying in bed, she pointed to her belly and said, "bee-ee". We've also been teaching Julia her letters, and somehow, Lydia got stuck on B. So, when she sees a letter, she usually points to it, and says, "B".

Julia has been getting herself dressed lately, and I love it. This morning, I went upstairs and got the girls clothes for them. I came down and put Julia's clothes next to her, and then I went into the kitchen. When I came back Julia was fully dressed. Her jeans, and shirt were both on backwards, but she did it! I was so proud of her. Later, I found out, she didn't have her panties on, but oh well.

Last night we went to a Super Bowl party with our Sunday School class, and had a good time, but we stayed a little too late. The girls have been crabby, and little anxious today because they didn't get enough sleep. For example, Lydia came up behind me this morning and bit the back of my leg. She has done that before, but this time, she bit hard. And I was wearing shorts. So she bit my bare skin. I have a bruise!

I realized this morning that Lydia will have moved 3 times in her short lifetime! She's not even 19 months old yet! So, hopefully she'll get to live in our new house, her fourth dwelling, for several years! (Julia's had the same amount of moving, but it sounds more dramatic when you think about it all happenning in the last 19 months!)

I did some packing today, but I think I just made more of a mess than anything. I can't really pack much because everything we don't use on a regular basis is already packed. So, I packed stuff, but I didn't tape the top of the boxes, so that I could still get to it when I need it. Oh my, this living situation is so comical! I'm glad we will be settling soon. :) Thanks all! Love, Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment