Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tid bits

I am so exhausted! However, I wanted to get on here and blog just a little because, I may not get much opportunity to do so for a little while after we move.
We are scheduled to close on Thursday!!! Yeah!!! I am so excited. We are having a bit of an issue with our roof being repaired though. It's a long, hairy story, but if you get the chance, please pray for everything to work out so that we'll get to close on time. We already have 3 appointments scheduled at our new house on Friday. I hope we don't have to re-schedule!
Also, I wanted to note that we had SNOW today in Houston. We didn't get to have Bible Study because of it, but I am glad that I got to get some more packing done. We're almost done with packing, which is good, because we won't be living here after we close! However, I did miss getting to go to Bible study.
And, can I just say, that I love watching the news on "winter" nights. It is so hilarious to listen to. They describe the light snow as a "winter blast", and keep referring to being outside as "stuck in the elements". I hold nothing against these news anchors...I am just learning how rare winter weather must be here in Houston.


So, I also need to share some comedic Julia-isms:
Julia calls her littlest baby "her precious". It's cute and creepy all at the same time. When we were putting her to bed a few days ago, she was whispering to Dave, "can I have my precious?" I want to tell her not to say that, but don't want to explain why...
And, on Saturday, Julia said, "the other day when I was walking through the valley of the shadow of death, a big scary wolf came and ate me, and then a sharp man came and got me out of his tummy." I think it's a nice mix of Psalm 23 and Little Red Riding Hood. Don't you?
And finally, Julia told me that her baby needed her momma. And then she said, "and I'm her momma. I'm her babymomma."

And, that's about it for now. I unfortunately can't think of anything extraordinary to report on Lydia. She has started saying Bible and apple though. Anyway...thanks for reading. Let's do this again sometime. -Amber

1 comment:

  1. Julia is so funny!!! And YES snow is a very big deal around these parts!!

    ReplyDelete