Saturday, May 8, 2010

In Random Order

A lot has been going on around here, but everything is happening so quickly, that I don't have anything in particular to blog about. So, I'll just let it all out...random style. Ready? Here we go.

-We got pictures taken today by my sweet friend from church, Sarah Craig. To get a sneak peek, please check out: thecraiglife.blogspot.com
-Dave had his first 9-80 this week. His office started a program that allows him to work an hour extra everyday and get every other Friday off. Our family misses him during the evening, but we love making up for it with a whole day!!!
-We had friends over tonight. I love having friends. The guys' made plans to golf, and Sheila and I plan to get together and have an awesome time with their two girls and our two girls while the guys do their golf thing.
-I dropped a jar of salsa, and to keep it from breaking and splattering all over the floor, I caught it with my foot. It still hurts.
-I realized by having friends over tonight that we really need to go ahead and get a dining room table. We were all crammed around our little breakfast room table. There just wasn't enough room.
-I got baptized last Sunday. It was a really neat experience. I was hoping that the church would send me the pictures so I could post them, but I haven't received them yet. I'll get those posted soon.
-Tomorrow is Mother's Day, and I have absolutely no plans. We may be eating "peanut butter and sandwiches" (as Julia likes to say) for lunch. As long as I don't have to do dishes for one day, I really don't mind.
-Dave and I went on a date last night. We had a great time together. I love that guy!!! (Thanks for babysitting, again, Amber!)
- Our community pools opened today. It will be open on the weekends for the rest of this month, and open during the week starting in June. I think it would be fun if Dave, the girls, and I made it to the pool sometime tomorrow.
- I will get to see my parents in a week from tomorrow!!!!!!!! I am so excited!
- I will get to see my sister in a week and a half!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!
- Mosquitoes have already eaten me alive!
-Dave and I really need to get on the ball, and get back to painting, switching out light fixtures, doing yard work, and all the other fixer-upper stuff we planned on doing after we moved in. We've been extremely preoccupied.

Well, I guess that mostly covers it. This is going to be a great summer!!! We're going to Florida in less than a month, and after that, we will be enjoying all the wonderful things there are to do in our community. We also get to have friends and family come down to visit, and get to go up and visit family in July!! I am looking forward to all of it!! Thanks for reading. Love, Amber

2 comments:

  1. Florida!!! Fun! I'm jealous :) I had so much fun with the girls and the pictures are TOO STINKING CUTE!!! It helps that you have the two most gorgeous girls ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, I did not know you were baptized last weekend! That's so great! I would have loved getting to see you and standing with other friends in your honor. I hope you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete