Friday, May 14, 2010

Lazy Days

My friend, Sheila, invited the girls and me to hang out and go swimming with her and her girls in Galveston yesterday. We had a wonderful time!!! We didn't end up getting to swim long because Lydia, and Sheila's twins (who are only one month younger than L) clung to Sheila and me like the water was going to swallow them up. I had dreamed of sun bathing and visiting with Sheila while we watched the girls play and swim in the baby pool, but our girls had a different agenda. They just clung to us like little barnacles on a ship while we tried to get them interested in the pool. Maybe they'll be less timid as the summer rolls on and they've had more practice in the water.
This is a picture of the pool we went to!! This whole part only got up to 1.8 feet deep!! The perfect height for little girls. Also, you can see the ocean in the background. This was the ideal spot to relax in! Too bad there wasn't much of that going on. :)Below is Lydia soaking in some rays while munching on chips and hummus.
I love this pic of Sheila and her girls. Look at Marlee's scowl! Julia was very focused on her apple.

Thanks, again, Sheila!!! We had a great time!
After being out all day yesterday, I decided that the girls and I would hang around here while I caught up on some domestic duties. I took pictures of the girls hanging around with this huge stuffed dog that Julia got from Uncle Andy and Aunt Aubrey on her first birthday. Julia named him Fulsa today. She's changed it a few times to names like Woda, and Foda, but I think Fulsa will stick for me.



They had a great time "napping" on him.



After playing and eating breakfast, I let the girls watch a tv show. Notice Lydia's shoes. Lydia loves shoes and is constantly stringing shoes all over our house. She couldn't find her other green croc, so she put on a tennis shoe instead.




Lydia has started talking in short phrases and sentences. Today she said "uh, uh shoe, pee?" Interpretation: other shoe, please?

So, we ended up staying in all morning, which is uncommon for us, but I figured we'd hang out outside after the girls woke from their naps, and maybe even go for a walk with Dave. However, when the girls did get up, Lydia was fussy and Julia had a fever. I gave Julia Children's Motrin, and she laid around and almost got sick a few times. But, within a few hours, Julia was doing much better and feeling well enough to dress-up like a princess and dance around the living room. Of course, Lydia couldn't be outdone by her sister. Below is a picture of her with a princess outfit AND an uncoordinated tutu. She accessorized the outfit with last year's Easter hat and some "princess" shoes.





Here is a shot of Julia doing one of her many twirls.



We ended the day with a thunderstorm which also kept us inside. So due to the rain, and since Julia was not feeling well after she woke up (and Lydia may have been feeling yucky as well), we stayed in the rest of the afternoon and evening. I don't think we've stayed in the house the entire day since we've lived here. It feels weird. I think I have some cabin fever.-- I hope both the girls are feeling well for the weekend!! I just hate for any of us to get to miss out on all the fun we have planned! Here's hoping, and praying! Love, the Good, and lazy, Stewarts.






No comments:

Post a Comment