Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wedded Bliss

Dave and I were married 8 years ago today. Dave sent me these beautiful flowers today:This is my favorite type of bouquet. Dave did a great job! I guess it also might have helped that I circled an ad for these very flowers, and stuck it in his work papers about a week and a half ago. :) Also, I asked the girls to color these cards today. Originally, I was going to make them just for Dave, but then I figured they could color these cards for both of us. It was, after all, OUR anniversary....I guess I am in the mood to tattle on myself....practically ordering my own flowers AND making my daughters make myself a card. What next?

Anyway, Dave and I have had a nice time remembering our wedding day today. We were SO young when we were married. Our relationship has changed and evolved since then, and I can honestly say that we are better spouses and better people then we were the day we married.

Today Julia and I were talking about Dave and my anniversary. Julia said "so, you and Daddy got married?"
"Yep" I said.
"And me, and Lydia, and you and Daddy are all married?"
"No," I said, "but because Mommy and Daddy got married, we can all be a family--and we love each other so much."
Her response was enthusiastic. "Yea, that's right Mommy!"

Well, I better get off of here. I am distracted because Dave is watching a Star Trek: the Next Generation rerun. I don't like this show, but I can't help but watch the bad acting while noticing where the fake face pieces and make-up end and begin. I guess T.V. is one area of our lives that hasn't changed all that much.
Blessings, Amber



1 comment: