Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sisters, sisters, there was never such devoted sisters

My sister, Aubrey, visited over the weekend. I have some pictures of what we did. So, I thought I would share.

The first day Aubrey was here, we just hung around our house. Aubrey is expecting her first baby, so I didn't want to wear her out. --We had a lot planned for the rest of week. Plus, Dave was golfing with a friend, so we were on kiddo duty. In the picture below, Aubrey and the girls had barely woken up, and Julia was already asking Aubrey to read to her. After the girls napped, we decided to go outside and catch some rays. We tried popsicles, and iced water, but soon discovered it was just too hot to enjoy ourselves unless there was a part of us in some water. We filled up the baby pool, and Aubrey and I plopped our feet in while Julia swam and Lydia walked in the puddles.





The next day, Aubrey and I headed to Ikea, and the outlet mall in Cypress. We had a good time, and poor Aubrey had to put her swollen ankles up when we got home. We got a lot of great bargains too. While we were gone, Dave was on kiddo duty. Below are some pictures of the girls playing dress-up while Aubrey and I shopped.









On Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon, we went to the pool. It was relaxing and enjoyable, to say the least.



See Dave waving in the below picture?










Julia liked to take her time getting out of the pool with an acrobatic move.
On Monday, we contemplated going to the beach, but we didn't make it. We didn't want to risk getting back too late for Aubrey's plane ride. So, we went to lunch at a Mediterranean restaurant with my friend, and then came back home for the girls to nap. It was great.

But then, in a flash, Aubrey's visit was over. It was time for our teary good-byes.

I hope you come back soon, Aubrey! We miss you. Love, Amber, Dave, Julia and Lydia.
P.S. We can't wait to meet Josiah Paul in November!

















1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry I was not there. I love Aubreys hair and her belly. The girls look so big what a bunch of cuties. Glad you had a good visit!!!

    ReplyDelete